hotel & accommodations
Renaissance Arts Hotel New Orleans
700 Tchoupitoulas Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
To Reserve a Room:
- For your convenience, we have reserved a block of rooms for a reduced rate of $215 per night from Sunday, May 6th - Wednesday., May 9th. To reserve a room:
- Note: This reduced room block rate will expire on April 9th, 2018.
Will I need a laptop at the Institute?
This year's Institute will be mostly paperless, so please do bring a laptop, charger, and headphones. We will be relying heavily upon Google Docs during many of the sessions, so please make sure your device has wireless capability.
What is the dress code?
The dress code is relaxed business, to include jeans.
Will food be provided?
Full, hot breakfast and lunch will be provided each day of the Institute, along with coffee/tea and snacks throughout the day. We will also provide a list of local restaurants for dinner options! If you have any special dietary needs, please be sure to let us know on the pre-event survey.
Will I need to rent a car?
If you are staying at the Renaissance Arts Hotel, you will not need a car to attend the event.
For additional information or questions, please contact email@example.com.
<Due Monday, 4/30> Complete:
- Fill out our pre-event survey (<10 minutes)
<Due by Monday, 5/7> Read:
- Read the Teacher Educator Practice Framework Issue Brief to get oriented to our approach to teacher educator development.
- Skim the TeacherSquared Teacher Educator Practice Framework, and thoroughly read all information about the practice of “Using Data to Improve Novice Teacher Practice” (pgs. 23-24).
<Due by Monday, 5/7> Bring:
- Come to the Institute with a list of the practices you are responsible for teaching your novice teachers. Read the Novice Teacher Practices One-Pager for context.