Teacher educator institute: Using data to Improve Novice Teacher Practice
MOnday, May 7 - Wednesday, May 9, 2018 | New Orleans, LA
Excellent teacher educators gather multiple sources of quantitative and qualitative data about novice teachers' practice and use those data for the purpose of improvement throughout a course and/or school year. Join TeacherSquared and teacher educators from across the country for a Teacher Educator Institute on Using Data to Improve Novice Teacher Practice.
This Institute is for new or experienced teacher educators interested in collaborating with other teacher educators to deepen their ability to use data to help the novice teachers they train get better faster.
Participants of this Institute will learn how to:
- Gather multiple sources of quantitative and qualitative data about novice teacher practice
- Analyze data to identify emerging strengths and weaknesses
- Identify root causes, and prioritize areas of practice for improvement
- Create and implement action plans based on data analysis
- Disaggregate data to uncover potential patterns of inequity in novice teacher performance
- Identify appropriate cycles for data collection and analysis
- Communicate how data use has impacted their own practice
Participants will leave with concrete tools and resources for immediate use in their practice, along with connections with teacher educators across the country.
Early Bird Special Admission Ticket [available until March 9, 2018]: $645
Regular Admission Ticket: $745
Breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be included on each day of the Institute.
For more information about scholarships and group rate discounts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*TeacherSquared founding institutions, please contact your institution lead for a discount code.
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com.
Registration will close on Friday, April 20th, 2018.
This event is open to all teacher educators.
Renaissance Arts Hotel New Orleans
New Orleans, LA
"The Institute is powerful. It provides practical, meaningful experiences that strengthen participants' skills and knowledge for immediate implementation."
- Rebecca Watts, University of Wyoming, TEI 2017 Participant
"TeacherSquared is the best institute you can attend if you'd like to get plugged into what teacher preparation looks like in a variety of fields including the traditional higher education space and alternative teacher preparation programs."
- Gabby Hewitt, KIPP DC Headquarters, TEI 2017 Participant
"TeacherSquared is a powerful experience that brings together educators from all over the world to engage in rigorous discussion and practice setting them up to be stronger teacher educators in their own organization."
- Kristen Cervantes, Teach for America, TEI 2016 Participant